UP: Father sets daughter on fire
Ghaziabad: A father allegedly set afire his 16-year-old daughter suspecting that she was having an affair with a boy in village Badarkha, leaving her critically injured, police said on Saturday.
Gaddal yesterday had a heated argument with his family members after which he beat his wife and children. He then in a fit of rage poured kerosene oil on his daughter, who he
suspected was having an affair with the boy of the same village, and set her on fire.
On hearing her cries, locals rushed the girl to a hospital where her condition is still critical, they said, adding the father is at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth