UP: FIR against 248 people for clashing with cops
Bahraich (UP): A day after villagers clashed with police demanding permanent solution to floods due to river Ghagra, an FIR has been lodged against 248 of them for indulging in brick batting and damaging over half a dozen government vehicles here in Bansgadhi village.
Demanding permanent solution to flood problem due to river Ghaghra, 51 villagers yesterday tried to jump into the river and clashed with police during their protest.
No casualty was reported, but over a dozen police men and villagers were injured in the brick batting, officials said.
Later, an FIR was registered against 248 persons, including 200 unidentified persons, in this regard for clashing with policemen, indulging in brick batting and damaging over half a dozen government vehicles, Additional Superintendent of Police Vijay Yadav said.
He said 18 people have been arrested so far in this connection and hunt was on for the remaining.
The villagers, who were protesting, said due to wrath of Ghagra river they had to suffer huge losses every year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read