UP: FIR against 248 people for clashing with cops
Bahraich (UP): A day after villagers clashed with police demanding permanent solution to floods due to river Ghagra, an FIR has been lodged against 248 of them for indulging in brick batting and damaging over half a dozen government vehicles here in Bansgadhi village.
Demanding permanent solution to flood problem due to river Ghaghra, 51 villagers yesterday tried to jump into the river and clashed with police during their protest.
No casualty was reported, but over a dozen police men and villagers were injured in the brick batting, officials said.
Later, an FIR was registered against 248 persons, including 200 unidentified persons, in this regard for clashing with policemen, indulging in brick batting and damaging over half a dozen government vehicles, Additional Superintendent of Police Vijay Yadav said.
He said 18 people have been arrested so far in this connection and hunt was on for the remaining.
The villagers, who were protesting, said due to wrath of Ghagra river they had to suffer huge losses every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city