UP: FIR against 248 people for clashing with cops
Bahraich (UP): A day after villagers clashed with police demanding permanent solution to floods due to river Ghagra, an FIR has been lodged against 248 of them for indulging in brick batting and damaging over half a dozen government vehicles here in Bansgadhi village.
Demanding permanent solution to flood problem due to river Ghaghra, 51 villagers yesterday tried to jump into the river and clashed with police during their protest.
No casualty was reported, but over a dozen police men and villagers were injured in the brick batting, officials said.
Later, an FIR was registered against 248 persons, including 200 unidentified persons, in this regard for clashing with policemen, indulging in brick batting and damaging over half a dozen government vehicles, Additional Superintendent of Police Vijay Yadav said.
He said 18 people have been arrested so far in this connection and hunt was on for the remaining.
The villagers, who were protesting, said due to wrath of Ghagra river they had to suffer huge losses every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state