UP: FIR lodged against SP MLA for disrupting work
Ballia: An FIR was on Sunday lodged against 19
people, including a Samajwadi Party MLA, and another 150
unidentified people on charges of disrupting government work
and creating ruckus over the death of a man employed with the
SP legislator Sanatan Pandey and party candidate for
Bilthara Road Assembly segment Gorakh Paswan are among those
who have been named in the FIR, police said.
The Samjwadi leaders and other workers had yesterday
blocked the road to protest against the mysterious death of
one Shiv Kumar Maurya, SP Ram Bharose said.
The deceased was employed as a driver at the Nagra police
station, he said, adding that the body was recovered from the
field adjacent to the police station with a country-made
revolver lying nearby.
However, the SP leaders claimed that the victim was
murdered and demanded registration of a case in this regard.
Meanwhile, an FIR has been registered against the Station
House Officer of Nagra police station in connection with the
death of the driver.
SHO RK Singh have been booked under Section 302 (murder)
IPC on the complaint of the family of the deceased, DIG L Ravi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city