UP: FIR lodged against SP MLA for disrupting work
Ballia: An FIR was on Sunday lodged against 19
people, including a Samajwadi Party MLA, and another 150
unidentified people on charges of disrupting government work
and creating ruckus over the death of a man employed with the
SP legislator Sanatan Pandey and party candidate for
Bilthara Road Assembly segment Gorakh Paswan are among those
who have been named in the FIR, police said.
The Samjwadi leaders and other workers had yesterday
blocked the road to protest against the mysterious death of
one Shiv Kumar Maurya, SP Ram Bharose said.
The deceased was employed as a driver at the Nagra police
station, he said, adding that the body was recovered from the
field adjacent to the police station with a country-made
revolver lying nearby.
However, the SP leaders claimed that the victim was
murdered and demanded registration of a case in this regard.
Meanwhile, an FIR has been registered against the Station
House Officer of Nagra police station in connection with the
death of the driver.
SHO RK Singh have been booked under Section 302 (murder)
IPC on the complaint of the family of the deceased, DIG L Ravi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India