UP: FIR lodged against SP MLA for disrupting work
Ballia: An FIR was on Sunday lodged against 19
people, including a Samajwadi Party MLA, and another 150
unidentified people on charges of disrupting government work
and creating ruckus over the death of a man employed with the
SP legislator Sanatan Pandey and party candidate for
Bilthara Road Assembly segment Gorakh Paswan are among those
who have been named in the FIR, police said.
The Samjwadi leaders and other workers had yesterday
blocked the road to protest against the mysterious death of
one Shiv Kumar Maurya, SP Ram Bharose said.
The deceased was employed as a driver at the Nagra police
station, he said, adding that the body was recovered from the
field adjacent to the police station with a country-made
revolver lying nearby.
However, the SP leaders claimed that the victim was
murdered and demanded registration of a case in this regard.
Meanwhile, an FIR has been registered against the Station
House Officer of Nagra police station in connection with the
death of the driver.
SHO RK Singh have been booked under Section 302 (murder)
IPC on the complaint of the family of the deceased, DIG L Ravi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- North Korea says any further nuclear test depends on US
- British Council employee under fire over Prince George remarks
- British convert to Islam 'Jihadi Jack' denies joining ISIS
- Rio Olympics: Saina Nehwal seeded 5th, PV Sindhu 9th for the 2016 Games
- Volkswagen gets preliminary approval for US diesel settlement