UP: Four kids die as school van collides with bus
Dhanaura: Four school children and their van driver were killed and 12 others injured this morning when their vehicle collided with a roadways bus near Malesia village here at state highway 51, police said.
The van of a private school here, carrying 17 children from Chandpur to Dhanaura, collided with Dhampur Depot Roadways bus, killing the van driver and four school children, all related to each other, on the spot, police said.
The four school children were between the ages of 10-12 years and residents of Chandpur in Bijnor district, around 20 km from the school, District Magistrate, Bijnore, Sarika Mohan said.
District Magistrate of Amroha, Ranjan Kumar, who along with SP (Amroha) Deepika Garg visited the spot, said prima facie, the roadways bus driver was responsible for the accident. He is absconding.
Gard said due to foggy weather, the driver might not have been able to see the other vehicle and the accident occurred.
She said a high-level inquiry has been set up to probe the cause of the accident.
Sub-Divisional Magistrate has been sent to Dhanaura to investigate the matter, Mohan said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists