UP: Four kids die as school van collides with bus
Dhanaura: Four school children and their van driver were killed and 12 others injured this morning when their vehicle collided with a roadways bus near Malesia village here at state highway 51, police said.
The van of a private school here, carrying 17 children from Chandpur to Dhanaura, collided with Dhampur Depot Roadways bus, killing the van driver and four school children, all related to each other, on the spot, police said.
The four school children were between the ages of 10-12 years and residents of Chandpur in Bijnor district, around 20 km from the school, District Magistrate, Bijnore, Sarika Mohan said.
District Magistrate of Amroha, Ranjan Kumar, who along with SP (Amroha) Deepika Garg visited the spot, said prima facie, the roadways bus driver was responsible for the accident. He is absconding.
Gard said due to foggy weather, the driver might not have been able to see the other vehicle and the accident occurred.
She said a high-level inquiry has been set up to probe the cause of the accident.
Sub-Divisional Magistrate has been sent to Dhanaura to investigate the matter, Mohan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever