UP: Four kids die as school van collides with bus
Dhanaura: Four school children and their van driver were killed and 12 others injured this morning when their vehicle collided with a roadways bus near Malesia village here at state highway 51, police said.
The van of a private school here, carrying 17 children from Chandpur to Dhanaura, collided with Dhampur Depot Roadways bus, killing the van driver and four school children, all related to each other, on the spot, police said.
The four school children were between the ages of 10-12 years and residents of Chandpur in Bijnor district, around 20 km from the school, District Magistrate, Bijnore, Sarika Mohan said.
District Magistrate of Amroha, Ranjan Kumar, who along with SP (Amroha) Deepika Garg visited the spot, said prima facie, the roadways bus driver was responsible for the accident. He is absconding.
Gard said due to foggy weather, the driver might not have been able to see the other vehicle and the accident occurred.
She said a high-level inquiry has been set up to probe the cause of the accident.
Sub-Divisional Magistrate has been sent to Dhanaura to investigate the matter, Mohan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test