UP: Four more succumb to encephalitis, toll 421
Gorakhpur: Four more children succumbed to encephalitis here, taking the death toll in the viral disease in eastern Uttar Pradesh to 421 this year.
The deceased hailed from Kushinagar, Mahrajganj and Sant Kabir Nagar districts, officials said today.
As many as 41 patients suffering from Acute Encephalitis Syndrome have been admitted to BRD Medical College Hospital here and other government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions in the last two day.
Additional director (Health) AK Pandey said 235 people suffering from encephalitis are being treated in government hospitals of Gorakhpur and Basti divisions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere