UP: Four policemen booked for extortion
Gonda (UP): Four policemen of the Special
Operation Group (SOG) have been booked for allegedly extorting
money from a local businessman here, police said on Tuesday.
A local liquor dealer has lodged a complaint alleging
that the four policemen had extorted Rs 1 lakh from him after
illegally detaining his supervisor and threatening him.
In his complaint, the dealer alleged that his supervisor
was on his way with Rs 10 lakh in cash when he was stopped at
the Misrauliya railway crossing here by four people,
identifying themselves as constables of the SOG, police said.
On finding the cash, they allegedly started threatening
him and a deal had to be settled, under which they were paid
Rs 1 lakh, they said.
A case of extortion has been registered and the accused
have been taken into custody for questioning, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split