UP: Four policemen booked for extortion
Gonda (UP): Four policemen of the Special
Operation Group (SOG) have been booked for allegedly extorting
money from a local businessman here, police said on Tuesday.
A local liquor dealer has lodged a complaint alleging
that the four policemen had extorted Rs 1 lakh from him after
illegally detaining his supervisor and threatening him.
In his complaint, the dealer alleged that his supervisor
was on his way with Rs 10 lakh in cash when he was stopped at
the Misrauliya railway crossing here by four people,
identifying themselves as constables of the SOG, police said.
On finding the cash, they allegedly started threatening
him and a deal had to be settled, under which they were paid
Rs 1 lakh, they said.
A case of extortion has been registered and the accused
have been taken into custody for questioning, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical