UP: Four policemen booked for extortion
Gonda (UP): Four policemen of the Special
Operation Group (SOG) have been booked for allegedly extorting
money from a local businessman here, police said on Tuesday.
A local liquor dealer has lodged a complaint alleging
that the four policemen had extorted Rs 1 lakh from him after
illegally detaining his supervisor and threatening him.
In his complaint, the dealer alleged that his supervisor
was on his way with Rs 10 lakh in cash when he was stopped at
the Misrauliya railway crossing here by four people,
identifying themselves as constables of the SOG, police said.
On finding the cash, they allegedly started threatening
him and a deal had to be settled, under which they were paid
Rs 1 lakh, they said.
A case of extortion has been registered and the accused
have been taken into custody for questioning, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest