UP: Four policemen booked for extortion
Gonda (UP): Four policemen of the Special
Operation Group (SOG) have been booked for allegedly extorting
money from a local businessman here, police said on Tuesday.
A local liquor dealer has lodged a complaint alleging
that the four policemen had extorted Rs 1 lakh from him after
illegally detaining his supervisor and threatening him.
In his complaint, the dealer alleged that his supervisor
was on his way with Rs 10 lakh in cash when he was stopped at
the Misrauliya railway crossing here by four people,
identifying themselves as constables of the SOG, police said.
On finding the cash, they allegedly started threatening
him and a deal had to be settled, under which they were paid
Rs 1 lakh, they said.
A case of extortion has been registered and the accused
have been taken into custody for questioning, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister