UP: Four troopers injured in villagers` attack
Bahraich: At least four Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) troopers were injured in a mob attack after they tried to intercept a group of villagers who were illegally cutting trees in a forest near the India-Nepal border here, police said on Monday.
After being prevented from taking away the wood late Sunday from the forest area in Rupaidiha town, the villagers turned violent and attacked the SSB troopers of the 7th Battalion.
"All the SSB troopers are being treated at a hospital. They have received multiple injuries. Of the four, the condition of one is stated to be serious because of critical head injuries," Superintendent of Police Ram Swaroop told reporters in Bahraich, some 140 km from Lucknow.
"We have registered a case against 30-odd villagers, who managed to escape after the attack," he added.
According to police, preliminary investigations reveal that most of those who attacked SSB troopers were natives of Bahraich`s Rohania village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!