UP gets its first revenue village under Forest Act
Bahraich: Rechristened as Gokulpur,
Dafedaar Gaudi village in Uttar Pradesh`s Behraich district
has became the first tribal village in the state to be
converted into a revenue village under the Forest Rights Act.
The move will help some 53 tribal families living their
since past 80 years to avail government welfare and
development schemes being implemented through village
The district magistrate Rigzian Samphal yesterday
distributed the registry deeds of agricultural land to 53
families of the village to start the process.
This is the first forest village in the state which has
been converted into a revenue village, he said.
Jitendra Chaturvedi, the district coordinator of Dehat--
an NGO working for getting forest rights restored for forest
dwellers, said, forest dwellers living in such villages across
the country are deprived of facilities like ration cards and
other government schemes and jobs.
Following years of agitations, the Union government in
2006 passed Scheduled tribe and traditional forest dwellers
(recognition of forest rights ) Act, which came into force in
"The Act would benefit lakhs of such forest dwellers all
over the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested