UP: Girl accuses SP MLA of rape
Auraiya: A 19-year-old girl has levelled rape allegations against five people, including ruling Samajwadi Party MLA Madan Gautam who denied the charge.
Superintendent of Police Sanjay Kakkad said the girl from Kothi Jana area under Ajitmal police station area here, yesterday gave him a written complaint in which she sought action against Gautam and his associates for allegedly raping her.
The girl has stated in her complaint that she was abducted and raped on May 25 by two people and later taken to the MLA`s house in Ratnipur, the SP said.
She further alleged that for four months she had been held hostage and raped so that she would not tell anyone about the incidents, but she somehow managed to escape yesterday, Kakkad said.
The SP said the matter was being investigated and FIR would be lodged only after completion of the investigations.
Gautam, who is MLA from Auraiya Sadar (reserved), dismissed the allegations saying he was being "framed".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought