UP: Girl accuses SP MLA of rape
Auraiya: A 19-year-old girl has levelled rape allegations against five people, including ruling Samajwadi Party MLA Madan Gautam who denied the charge.
Superintendent of Police Sanjay Kakkad said the girl from Kothi Jana area under Ajitmal police station area here, yesterday gave him a written complaint in which she sought action against Gautam and his associates for allegedly raping her.
The girl has stated in her complaint that she was abducted and raped on May 25 by two people and later taken to the MLA`s house in Ratnipur, the SP said.
She further alleged that for four months she had been held hostage and raped so that she would not tell anyone about the incidents, but she somehow managed to escape yesterday, Kakkad said.
The SP said the matter was being investigated and FIR would be lodged only after completion of the investigations.
Gautam, who is MLA from Auraiya Sadar (reserved), dismissed the allegations saying he was being "framed".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed