UP: Girl beaten to death for being in a love relationship
Muzaffarnagar: In a suspected case of horro killing, a 19-year-old girl was beaten to death allegedly by her family members, who were opposed to her relationship with a boy, in Sikheda village in the district, police said.
Chouti was in love with Yogendra. But her family was opposed to their alliance. Yesterday, the family members had a heated argument with the girl following which they beat her to death, they said.
The girl was later cremated by the family members without informing the police.
When interrogated, the family members claimed that the girl died a natural death. Police is investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai