UP: Girl dies during celebratory firing
Kaushambi: A 14-year-old girl was killed on Friday allegedly during a celebratory firing of a marriage in Balihavan village of the district, police said.
Ram Sanwari was killed when uncle of the bride fired from a country-made weapon as the marriage rituals were on, the police said.
"A case has been registered against the accused who is absconding," said Superintendent of police, Kripa Shankar Singh.
Efforts to nab him are on, SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon