UP: Girl dies during celebratory firing
Kaushambi: A 14-year-old girl was killed on Friday allegedly during a celebratory firing of a marriage in Balihavan village of the district, police said.
Ram Sanwari was killed when uncle of the bride fired from a country-made weapon as the marriage rituals were on, the police said.
"A case has been registered against the accused who is absconding," said Superintendent of police, Kripa Shankar Singh.
Efforts to nab him are on, SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened