UP: Girl dies during celebratory firing
Kaushambi: A 14-year-old girl was killed on Friday allegedly during a celebratory firing of a marriage in Balihavan village of the district, police said.
Ram Sanwari was killed when uncle of the bride fired from a country-made weapon as the marriage rituals were on, the police said.
"A case has been registered against the accused who is absconding," said Superintendent of police, Kripa Shankar Singh.
Efforts to nab him are on, SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro
- Terror attack foiled in Saudi Arabia
- US puts Germany, China on watchlist for economic surpluses
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm