UP government employees on strike in Agra
Agra: Uttar Pradesh government employees began an indefinite strike in Agra Tuesday morning to press for action on their 15 point demand charter including a wage hike.
More than 7,000 employees of 17 departments in Agra are on strike. Emergency services including the SN Medical College Hospital have been excluded from the protest.
The strike call was given by two major unions of state employees after they forged a joint front called Rajya Karmchari Adhikar Manch.
Earlier, the unions refused talks with the principal secretary in the labour department. Union leaders said they wanted a categorical assurance from Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav or the chief secretary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1