UP government sets up committee to probe Saharanpur clash
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday constituted a committee to probe the incidence of violent clash in Saharanpur on July 26, which left three persons dead and over 30 injured.
The committee headed by PWD Minister Shivpal Yadav would visit Saharanpur and after going through all the aspects will finally give its report to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
The other members of the committee are-- Technical Education Minister Shivakant Ojha, Minister of State for Rural Development Arvind Singh Gope, state minister Ashu Malik and SP`s District President, Moradabad, Haji Ikram Qureshi.
Clashes between two communities over a land dispute in Saharanpur had left three persons dead and 34 injured.
165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze in the violence.
Meanwhile, curfew was today relaxed for six hours in the violence-hit district where a peace march was taken out by people belonging to different communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Mars had climate suitable for life four billion years ago
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Afzal Guru event: JNU panel holds 21 students 'guilty of indiscipline'; no relief to Umar, Anirban
- Water shortage may have led to demise of Maya civilisation
- Sakshi Malik announced brand ambassador of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign in Haryana