UP government sets up committee to probe Saharanpur clash
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday constituted a committee to probe the incidence of violent clash in Saharanpur on July 26, which left three persons dead and over 30 injured.
The committee headed by PWD Minister Shivpal Yadav would visit Saharanpur and after going through all the aspects will finally give its report to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
The other members of the committee are-- Technical Education Minister Shivakant Ojha, Minister of State for Rural Development Arvind Singh Gope, state minister Ashu Malik and SP`s District President, Moradabad, Haji Ikram Qureshi.
Clashes between two communities over a land dispute in Saharanpur had left three persons dead and 34 injured.
165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze in the violence.
Meanwhile, curfew was today relaxed for six hours in the violence-hit district where a peace march was taken out by people belonging to different communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog