UP government to set up panel to probe into riots
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government is soon going to set up a committee to be headed by Ittehad-e-Millat Council president Taukir Raza Khan to probe into riots that took place after formation of the Samajwadi Party (SP) government.
"We will soon set up a committee to be headed by Khan to probe into all riots that took place after formation of SP government," Cabinet Minister and senior SP leader Shivpal Yadav told reporters.
He said that besides retired judges and police officers, people`s representatives will be nominated in the committee.
Khan, who was given status of Minister of State by the government by appointing him as Chairman of UP Handlooms Corporation was unhappy with the SP government and had refused to accept the red beacon.
When asked about it, Khan said that after his meeting with party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav here he was assured that his demands including formation of committee to probe riots would be accepted.
"After Mulayam`s request, I will accept the status of state minister," he said.
Stating that terrorists lodged in jails should not be released, Khan said those Hindus/Muslims who are in jail on false terror cases should be released.
"I am against release of terrorists from jails...But innocent Hindus/Muslims, lodged in jail on false terror charges, should be given justice and released," he said.
Khan said that in the Lok Sabha polls, his party would support SP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot