UP Governor against traffic regulations for his fleet
Lucknow: Days after beating up of a motorist by police for coming in front of his fleet, Uttar Pradesh Governor BL Joshi on Wednesday directed DGP to ensure that unnecessary traffic regulations are not imposed during his movement in the state.
"The Governor in a letter to the DGP Karamveer Singh has
asked that no unnecessary police arrangements should be made
during his movement so that, in general, people do not suffer
due to restrictions," a Raj Bhawan spokesman said here.
Last week a motor-cyclist was beaten up by police after
he came in front of the Governor`s fleet, during his visit to
the SGPGI last week.
"The Governor took a serious note of the inhumane
behaviour of the police officer and immediately conveyed his
displeasure to the circle officer Mohanlalganj present there,"
the spokesman said.
The Raj Bhawan had also sought an action taken report on
the incident from police, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’