UP govt against forcible implementation of family planning
Lucknow: The Samajwadi Party-led Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday said it was against forcible implementation of family planning measures in the state.
Replying to supplementaries on a question by Suresh Kumar Khanna (BJP) in the Vidhan Sabha, Parliamentary Affairs minister Azam Khan said the China model could not be followed in a democratic set up.
Measures like creating awareness and motivating people were showing results in the state, he said.
Khan said those who implemented the measures during the emergency had not returned to power in the state.
To this, Pramod Tiwari (Cong) reminded the minister that the Congress had formed its government twice in 1980 and 1985 in the state.
He said his party was also not in favour of forcible implementation of family planning measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III