UP govt announces ban on gutka industry from April 2013
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday decided to impose a ban on gutka industry in the state with effect from April next year, an official spokesman said here.
The ban on gutka industry has been announced as per the provisions of Food Safety and Standards Act, he said.
The step has been initiated as several states have already banned gutka products, he said.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has decided to impose the ban from April 1, 2013 to help millions of workers involved in the industry find alternative employment, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed