UP govt announces ban on gutka industry from April 2013
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday decided to impose a ban on gutka industry in the state with effect from April next year, an official spokesman said here.
The ban on gutka industry has been announced as per the provisions of Food Safety and Standards Act, he said.
The step has been initiated as several states have already banned gutka products, he said.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has decided to impose the ban from April 1, 2013 to help millions of workers involved in the industry find alternative employment, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof