UP govt approves Dilshad Garden-New Bus Stand Metro line
Ghaziabad: The Uttar Pradesh government today approved the proposed 9.41 km-long Metro extension from Dilshad Garden to New Bus Stand in Ghaziabad.
The line, which is expected to cater to over one lakh commuters over an elevated section on GT Road, will provide improved connectivity to Delhi for residents of Shahid Nagar, Shalimar Garden, Raj Nagar, Raj Nagar Extension, Siyani, Mohan Nagar and Arthala areas of Ghaziabad.
This Metro corridor will have seven Metro stations - Shahid Nagar, Raj Bagh, Rajendra Nagar, Shyam Park, Mohan Nagar, Arthala and New Bus Adda.
"With the approval of this Metro corridor by the state government, Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the DMRC officials within a week. Thereafter, the work would start on this corridor," GDA vice-chairman Santosh Yadav told PTI.
The cost of the project is estimated to be around Rs 1,770 crore, of which the major share--Rs. 1,116 crore--will be borne by GDA, GNN, UPSIDC and UP Housing and Development Board while rest of amount by the Government of India and DMRC.
The GDA vice-chairman also said that the construction work of Metro corridor will be completed till June 2017.
The project was pending for the approval of state government for several months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you