UP govt approves Dilshad Garden-New Bus Stand Metro line
Ghaziabad: The Uttar Pradesh government today approved the proposed 9.41 km-long Metro extension from Dilshad Garden to New Bus Stand in Ghaziabad.
The line, which is expected to cater to over one lakh commuters over an elevated section on GT Road, will provide improved connectivity to Delhi for residents of Shahid Nagar, Shalimar Garden, Raj Nagar, Raj Nagar Extension, Siyani, Mohan Nagar and Arthala areas of Ghaziabad.
This Metro corridor will have seven Metro stations - Shahid Nagar, Raj Bagh, Rajendra Nagar, Shyam Park, Mohan Nagar, Arthala and New Bus Adda.
"With the approval of this Metro corridor by the state government, Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the DMRC officials within a week. Thereafter, the work would start on this corridor," GDA vice-chairman Santosh Yadav told PTI.
The cost of the project is estimated to be around Rs 1,770 crore, of which the major share--Rs. 1,116 crore--will be borne by GDA, GNN, UPSIDC and UP Housing and Development Board while rest of amount by the Government of India and DMRC.
The GDA vice-chairman also said that the construction work of Metro corridor will be completed till June 2017.
The project was pending for the approval of state government for several months.
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception