UP govt asks VIPs to postpone Allahabad visit during festivals
Lucknow: The UP government has requested VIPs and other dignitaries to postpone their programme of visiting Allahabad on auspicious days, including Kumbh mela, when people assemble in the town for taking holy dips.
The state secretary (protocol) yesterday send a circular to the Centre`s Cabinet secretary, ADC of all governors, registrar of the high courts, chief secretaries of all states, secretaries of assemblies, the UP DGP and personal assistants of all ministers in this regard.
In his circular, the secretary said the administration would be unable to arrange lodging and transport facilities to VVIPs, VIPs and other dignitaries due to heavy rush of pilgrims on such days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- 7th CPC: Who else is going to benefit from central govt employees' pay hike?
- Sanjeev Rajput wins silver in 50m Rifle 3 Positions
- Google Maps introduces HD satellite imagery from Landsat 8 – Enjoy the view!
- Black money window: I-T dept creates special tab on website
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley