UP govt asks VIPs to postpone Allahabad visit during festivals
Lucknow: The UP government has requested VIPs and other dignitaries to postpone their programme of visiting Allahabad on auspicious days, including Kumbh mela, when people assemble in the town for taking holy dips.
The state secretary (protocol) yesterday send a circular to the Centre`s Cabinet secretary, ADC of all governors, registrar of the high courts, chief secretaries of all states, secretaries of assemblies, the UP DGP and personal assistants of all ministers in this regard.
In his circular, the secretary said the administration would be unable to arrange lodging and transport facilities to VVIPs, VIPs and other dignitaries due to heavy rush of pilgrims on such days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder