UP Govt aware of problems faced by poor in getting medical aid: CM
Lucknow: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today said that the UP government was aware of the problems faced by poor people in getting medical aid and arrangements have been made for providing free treatment in government hospitals.
Akhilesh, at a programme here, said that keeping in mind the high cost of treatment for which poor people sometimes have to sell their agriculture fields, government also extends financial help through chief minister`s discreationary fund.
The government has also relaxed the rules enabling the legislators to extend upto Rs 20 lakh from their funds, for treatment purposes, he said.
On the occasion, Yadav also presented cheques to ten critially-ill people belongling to Gonda, Balrampur and Shrawasti amounting to Rs 13.15 lakh rpt Rs 13.15 lakh from his discreationary fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in the brand new poster of ‘Rustom’