UP govt ban strikes in all medical institutions
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government has
invoked Essential Services Maintenance Act (ESMA) to ban
strikes in all the medical institutions of the state for the
next six months, officials said on Thursday.
"Keeping in mind the difficulties faced by patients
due to the strikes by junior doctors and employees, the
government has banned strikes in all medical institutions/
colleges by invoking Essential Services Maintenance Act
(ESMA)," an official spokesman said.
Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical
Science (SGPGIMS), Chhatrpati Shahuji Maharaj Medical
University and all medical colleges will be covered in the
order, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation