UP Govt begins process of taking back possession of Dadri land
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday initiated repossession procedure for land allotted to an Anil Ambani group firm`s power plant in Dadri, so as to return it to farmers willing to repay compensation money as per the Allahabad High Court order.
In a letter to the Ghaziabad District Magistrate, UP
Power Secretary Navneet Sehgal asked the land to be returned
to those ready to pay back the compensation amount.
Also, the state government directed the district to
ensure return of `gram sabha` land to the local body
The Power Secretary also wrote that land of even those
satisfied with the compensation money received should be taken
possession of by the district administration, after seeking a
"no objection certificate" from the original owners.
The High Court had, on December 4, quashed a UP
government notification that allowed use of emergency powers
to buy land for Anil Ambani group firm`s Dadri power project.
Since the emergency procedure side-stepped the process of
inviting objections from land owners, the state would have to
undertake that exercise now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi