UP Govt begins process of taking back possession of Dadri land
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday initiated repossession procedure for land allotted to an Anil Ambani group firm`s power plant in Dadri, so as to return it to farmers willing to repay compensation money as per the Allahabad High Court order.
In a letter to the Ghaziabad District Magistrate, UP
Power Secretary Navneet Sehgal asked the land to be returned
to those ready to pay back the compensation amount.
Also, the state government directed the district to
ensure return of `gram sabha` land to the local body
The Power Secretary also wrote that land of even those
satisfied with the compensation money received should be taken
possession of by the district administration, after seeking a
"no objection certificate" from the original owners.
The High Court had, on December 4, quashed a UP
government notification that allowed use of emergency powers
to buy land for Anil Ambani group firm`s Dadri power project.
Since the emergency procedure side-stepped the process of
inviting objections from land owners, the state would have to
undertake that exercise now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions