UP Govt begins process of taking back possession of Dadri land
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday initiated repossession procedure for land allotted to an Anil Ambani group firm`s power plant in Dadri, so as to return it to farmers willing to repay compensation money as per the Allahabad High Court order.
In a letter to the Ghaziabad District Magistrate, UP
Power Secretary Navneet Sehgal asked the land to be returned
to those ready to pay back the compensation amount.
Also, the state government directed the district to
ensure return of `gram sabha` land to the local body
The Power Secretary also wrote that land of even those
satisfied with the compensation money received should be taken
possession of by the district administration, after seeking a
"no objection certificate" from the original owners.
The High Court had, on December 4, quashed a UP
government notification that allowed use of emergency powers
to buy land for Anil Ambani group firm`s Dadri power project.
Since the emergency procedure side-stepped the process of
inviting objections from land owners, the state would have to
undertake that exercise now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported