UP Govt budget spares citizens from new taxes
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government today tabled the state budget for 2010-11 that proposed no new taxes to fund a Rs 9022.11 crore deficit in its Rs 15,3199.38 crores spending plan.
The budget, which was presented in the Vidhan Sabha by Finance Minister Lalji Verma, proposes to mop up Rs 14,41,77.27 crores through revenue receipts next fiscal,
leaving a gap of Rs 9,022.11 crore.
The government which has proposed no new taxes, however, proposes to plug this deficit through Rs 7,002 crores in the public accounts. But if one takes into account Rs 3,433.79
crores balance of last year, it shows a surplus of Rs 1413.68 crores.
The budget proposes an expenditure of Rs 45,645.13 crores on new development works. The budget has a provision of Rs. 9099.75 crores for special component plan for the Scheduled Castes.
For various welfare schemes for the minorities, the budget has a provision of over Rs. 257 crores, Rs 402 crores for the Mahamaya Garib Arthik Madad yojna which provides a
financial assistance of Rs. 300 per month to poor families not covered under the BPL and other such schemes.
For the women and child development schemes, the budget has a provision of Rs 4470 crores and Rs 7949 crores for the power sector.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know