UP govt cancels appointments made by BSP to SC/ST commission
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has cancelled all appointments in the state Scheduled Caste and Schedule Tribes Commission made during the BSP regime with immediate effect.
Appointments of the chairman, vice chairman and members which were done in the commission by the previous government from time to time have been cancelled, principal secretary social welfare Sadakant said in an order.
He said that the government has also accepted the resignations of chairperson of State Women`s Commission Abha Agnihotri, vice-chairpersons Namrata Pathak and Sunita Devi with effect from March 14.
Sadakant said that chairman of Samaj Kalyan Nirman Nigam Indrajeet Saroj has also resigned which has been accepted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened