UP govt cancels holiday on Kanshiram`s death anniversary
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has cancelled the public holiday on the death anniversary of BSP founder Kanshiram on October 9.
A circular has been issued to all the district magistrates in the state in this regard, official sources said here today.
In fact, Azamgarh DM Pranjal Yadav today issued a statement and said that the state government has cancelled public holiday on the occasion of death anniversary of Kanshiram under Negotiable Instrument Act 1881 with immediate effect.
The previous Mayawati government had announced October 9 as the public holiday after coming to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan