UP govt cancels holiday on Kanshiram`s death anniversary
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has cancelled the public holiday on the death anniversary of BSP founder Kanshiram on October 9.
A circular has been issued to all the district magistrates in the state in this regard, official sources said here today.
In fact, Azamgarh DM Pranjal Yadav today issued a statement and said that the state government has cancelled public holiday on the occasion of death anniversary of Kanshiram under Negotiable Instrument Act 1881 with immediate effect.
The previous Mayawati government had announced October 9 as the public holiday after coming to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days