UP govt committed to ensure safety of women: Akhilesh
Lucknow:Taking a strict note of the incident of alleged molestation of a girl by a senior IAS officer in a train, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today he has given directions to prepare a list of people who tried to save the officer, who has been suspended.
"As soon as the matter came to the light, the IAS officer was suspended...I have come to know that a number of blue beacon cars (of officers) were seen at the railway station to save the officer. I am getting the list of such officers prepared and action will be taken against them", Akhilesh Yadav told reporters after attending a programme on Gandhi Jayanti here.
"Our government is committed to ensure safety of women and those involved in such acts will not be spared", he said.
Senior IAS officer Shashi Bhushan Sushil was yesterday arrested on charges of attempt to rape and molesting a Delhi-based woman in a train.
Refuting the molestation charge, the officer had claimed that he had got into a verbal duel with the woman after she made a casteist remark against him following a dispute over luggage.
The government has also removed inspector GRP, Anil Rai who allegedly tried to delay the matter and impose lesser stringent sections in the FIR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'