UP govt committed to ensure safety of women: Akhilesh
Lucknow:Taking a strict note of the incident of alleged molestation of a girl by a senior IAS officer in a train, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today he has given directions to prepare a list of people who tried to save the officer, who has been suspended.
"As soon as the matter came to the light, the IAS officer was suspended...I have come to know that a number of blue beacon cars (of officers) were seen at the railway station to save the officer. I am getting the list of such officers prepared and action will be taken against them", Akhilesh Yadav told reporters after attending a programme on Gandhi Jayanti here.
"Our government is committed to ensure safety of women and those involved in such acts will not be spared", he said.
Senior IAS officer Shashi Bhushan Sushil was yesterday arrested on charges of attempt to rape and molesting a Delhi-based woman in a train.
Refuting the molestation charge, the officer had claimed that he had got into a verbal duel with the woman after she made a casteist remark against him following a dispute over luggage.
The government has also removed inspector GRP, Anil Rai who allegedly tried to delay the matter and impose lesser stringent sections in the FIR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch