UP govt committed to ensure safety of women: Akhilesh
Lucknow:Taking a strict note of the incident of alleged molestation of a girl by a senior IAS officer in a train, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today he has given directions to prepare a list of people who tried to save the officer, who has been suspended.
"As soon as the matter came to the light, the IAS officer was suspended...I have come to know that a number of blue beacon cars (of officers) were seen at the railway station to save the officer. I am getting the list of such officers prepared and action will be taken against them", Akhilesh Yadav told reporters after attending a programme on Gandhi Jayanti here.
"Our government is committed to ensure safety of women and those involved in such acts will not be spared", he said.
Senior IAS officer Shashi Bhushan Sushil was yesterday arrested on charges of attempt to rape and molesting a Delhi-based woman in a train.
Refuting the molestation charge, the officer had claimed that he had got into a verbal duel with the woman after she made a casteist remark against him following a dispute over luggage.
The government has also removed inspector GRP, Anil Rai who allegedly tried to delay the matter and impose lesser stringent sections in the FIR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand