UP govt committed to ensure safety of women: Akhilesh
Lucknow:Taking a strict note of the incident of alleged molestation of a girl by a senior IAS officer in a train, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today he has given directions to prepare a list of people who tried to save the officer, who has been suspended.
"As soon as the matter came to the light, the IAS officer was suspended...I have come to know that a number of blue beacon cars (of officers) were seen at the railway station to save the officer. I am getting the list of such officers prepared and action will be taken against them", Akhilesh Yadav told reporters after attending a programme on Gandhi Jayanti here.
"Our government is committed to ensure safety of women and those involved in such acts will not be spared", he said.
Senior IAS officer Shashi Bhushan Sushil was yesterday arrested on charges of attempt to rape and molesting a Delhi-based woman in a train.
Refuting the molestation charge, the officer had claimed that he had got into a verbal duel with the woman after she made a casteist remark against him following a dispute over luggage.
The government has also removed inspector GRP, Anil Rai who allegedly tried to delay the matter and impose lesser stringent sections in the FIR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes