UP Govt constitutes district level Haj committees
Lucknow: In a bid to facilitate pilgrims
and provide all necessary information locally, Uttar Pradesh
government has constituted district level Haj committees.
"For the first time district level committees have
been constituted so that pilgrims can get all information
regarding Haj pilgrimage in their district itself," PWD
Minister Naseemuddin Siddiqui said during a review meeting
The minister said that training, vaccination and swine
flu test of pilgrims will be done between October 1 and
"Certificate of administration of polio drops and
swine flu test will be issued during the training programme,"
The minister said, so far the Central Haj Committee
had issued 14,000 visas for the state this year.
"To facilitate pilgrims, additional passport, ticket
counters and information booths will be increased this year,"
"The first flight of Haj pilgrims will take off from
Lucknow on October 20 and on November 3 from Varanasi," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days