UP govt cracks down on ration mafia
Rampur: Taking a strong view of rampant black marketing and hoarding of essential commodities, the Uttar Pradesh government has directed the concerned authorities to take stringent action against the ration mafia in the state.
"Poor people in Uttar Pradesh are being deprived of their right to avail cheaper ration under public distribution system due to black marketeers," state Urban Development minister Mohd Azam Khan told reporters here yesterday.
Complaints have been received from citizens regarding such illegal operations, he said, adding that any official found showing laxity in their work in this regard would be "severely punished."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what