UP govt creating hurdles in Purvanchal yatra: Amar
Lucknow: Expelled Samajwadi Party leader
Amar Singh on Tuesday alleged that the Uttar Pradesh government was
creating administrative hurdles in his proposed `Purvanchal
Swabhiman Yatra` that is scheduled to take off on December
"Mayawati government is creating administrative hurdles
in the proposed yatra scheduled to start from Allahabad on
December 1 to press for the demand of formation of separate
Purvanchal state... We will start the yatra come what may," he
told reporters here.
The month-long yatra will cover about 450 kms and will
culminate at Gorakhpur.
Singh said he had invited leaders of all parties
including Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and BJP president Nitin
Gadkari to press for the cause.
"I hope to get blessings of Sonia Gandhi for the yatra.
I am myself ready to welcome Mulayam Singh Yadav, if he joins
it," he said.
He said he would also support similar yatra scheduled to
start from December 5 for formation of separate Bundelkhand
state by Raja Bundela.
About his future political plans, Singh said he would
decide about the same after the end of his yatra.
Asked about allegations that he brought industrialists
and film personalities in SP, Singh said, "I just followed
tradition started by party chief Mulayam himself."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray