UP govt declares Rs one lakh reward on arrest of SP MLA
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Monday
declared a reward of Rs one lakh on the arrest of a former SP
MLA Mohammad Ashraf alias Khalid Azim of Allahabad district.
"A reward of Rs one lakh has been declared on Azim by
the government," Secretary Home Deepak Kumar said.
A total of 34 criminal cases were pending against Azim,
brother of former SP MP Atiq Ahmad and he is wanted in nine
cases including that of murder in Allahabad and other cities
of the state.
Azim won 2004 Assembly elections after the murder of BSP
leader Raju Pal but was later defeated in 2007 Assembly polls
by Raju`s wife Pooja Pal, who won the seat on BSP ticket.
Azim, who is absconding for the past over three years was
also named in the murder of Raju Pal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday