UP govt declares Rs one lakh reward on arrest of SP MLA
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Monday
declared a reward of Rs one lakh on the arrest of a former SP
MLA Mohammad Ashraf alias Khalid Azim of Allahabad district.
"A reward of Rs one lakh has been declared on Azim by
the government," Secretary Home Deepak Kumar said.
A total of 34 criminal cases were pending against Azim,
brother of former SP MP Atiq Ahmad and he is wanted in nine
cases including that of murder in Allahabad and other cities
of the state.
Azim won 2004 Assembly elections after the murder of BSP
leader Raju Pal but was later defeated in 2007 Assembly polls
by Raju`s wife Pooja Pal, who won the seat on BSP ticket.
Azim, who is absconding for the past over three years was
also named in the murder of Raju Pal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?