UP govt declares Rs one lakh reward on arrest of SP MLA
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Monday
declared a reward of Rs one lakh on the arrest of a former SP
MLA Mohammad Ashraf alias Khalid Azim of Allahabad district.
"A reward of Rs one lakh has been declared on Azim by
the government," Secretary Home Deepak Kumar said.
A total of 34 criminal cases were pending against Azim,
brother of former SP MP Atiq Ahmad and he is wanted in nine
cases including that of murder in Allahabad and other cities
of the state.
Azim won 2004 Assembly elections after the murder of BSP
leader Raju Pal but was later defeated in 2007 Assembly polls
by Raju`s wife Pooja Pal, who won the seat on BSP ticket.
Azim, who is absconding for the past over three years was
also named in the murder of Raju Pal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH