UP govt declares Rs one lakh reward on arrest of SP MLA
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Monday
declared a reward of Rs one lakh on the arrest of a former SP
MLA Mohammad Ashraf alias Khalid Azim of Allahabad district.
"A reward of Rs one lakh has been declared on Azim by
the government," Secretary Home Deepak Kumar said.
A total of 34 criminal cases were pending against Azim,
brother of former SP MP Atiq Ahmad and he is wanted in nine
cases including that of murder in Allahabad and other cities
of the state.
Azim won 2004 Assembly elections after the murder of BSP
leader Raju Pal but was later defeated in 2007 Assembly polls
by Raju`s wife Pooja Pal, who won the seat on BSP ticket.
Azim, who is absconding for the past over three years was
also named in the murder of Raju Pal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack