UP govt declares Rs one lakh reward on arrest of SP MLA
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Monday
declared a reward of Rs one lakh on the arrest of a former SP
MLA Mohammad Ashraf alias Khalid Azim of Allahabad district.
"A reward of Rs one lakh has been declared on Azim by
the government," Secretary Home Deepak Kumar said.
A total of 34 criminal cases were pending against Azim,
brother of former SP MP Atiq Ahmad and he is wanted in nine
cases including that of murder in Allahabad and other cities
of the state.
Azim won 2004 Assembly elections after the murder of BSP
leader Raju Pal but was later defeated in 2007 Assembly polls
by Raju`s wife Pooja Pal, who won the seat on BSP ticket.
Azim, who is absconding for the past over three years was
also named in the murder of Raju Pal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living