`UP govt did not provide funds to works started by BSP regime`
Unnao (UP): Amid protests over increase in power tariff, BSP on Saturday accused the ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh of not providing fund for the projects initiated by the previous Mayawati regime to increase power generation.
"The BSP government had worked to increase generation to about 8000 to 12,000 MW, but today, all of it has come to a halt as no funds were given to take them forward," national general secretary of BSP, Satish Chandra Misra, said at party`s Brahmin sammelan here.
"During the BSP government, people used to get much better power but now some districts get only one to two hours supply," Misra said.
Attacking the state government on the law and order front, Misra said that there is complete `jungle raj` prevailing as some 4,700 cases of murders have already been lodged though a lot many others would have gone unregistered.
"Similarly there have also been thousands of cases of kidnapping, loot, dacoity," Misra said.
Claiming that BSP is the real well wisher of Brahmins, he recalled as to how it gave tickets to them in the Lok Sabha and Assembly polls and ensured their representation.
Stressing that SP has started making claims of helping Brahmins, he said that though some Brahmins have been made ministers, they have been given unimportant departments while the BSP supremo Maywati had made 15 ministers from among the Brahmins and allotted them important portfolios.
Misra said that all the political parties are showing concern for Brahmins realising that they (Brahmins), who are about 16 per cent in the state, are uniting.
If these 16 per cent join hands with 24 per cent Dalits no one will be able to stop them, Misra said appealing for ensuring victory of party nominees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?