UP govt distributes free battery operated rickshaws
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday launched a scheme for free distribution of battery operated rickshaws.
Handing over 23 such vehicles to rickshawpullers for the trial phase here, Yadav said with this programme, the Samajwadi Party has fulfilled another promise it had made in its manifesto.
SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav appreciated the scheme and said that in the days to come, it would prove as a model for other states to emulate.
Urban Development Minister Mohammad Azam Khan said that based on the experience and feedback of the trial programme, technical committee would finalise the rickshaws to be finally given free of cost. The 23 rickshaws distributed today are from 13 companies.
He said their maintenance would be done by the state government.
Till now, local bodies have registered 2.48 lakh rickshaw pullers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you