UP govt employee attempt suicide ahead of Mayawati`s visit
Gonda: A Uttar Pradesh government
employee Friday tried to commit suicide here by consuming poison ahead of Chief Minister Mayawati`s visit to the area to
draw her attention towards backlog of his salary, police said.
Sanjay Singh, posted as junior clerk in the PWD, was depressed as he was not getting his salary for the past 13 months, police said.
The Chief Minister, who has been touring the state
for the past few days, will visit the area today to review
Singh was rushed to a hospital, where his condition
was stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in BMC, but BJP gains lead in Pune