UP govt employee attempt suicide ahead of Mayawati`s visit
Gonda: A Uttar Pradesh government
employee Friday tried to commit suicide here by consuming poison ahead of Chief Minister Mayawati`s visit to the area to
draw her attention towards backlog of his salary, police said.
Sanjay Singh, posted as junior clerk in the PWD, was depressed as he was not getting his salary for the past 13 months, police said.
The Chief Minister, who has been touring the state
for the past few days, will visit the area today to review
Singh was rushed to a hospital, where his condition
was stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet