UP govt employees attempt suicide ahead of Mayawati`s visit
Gonda: A Uttar Pradesh government
employee on Friday tried to commit suicide here by consuming
poison ahead of Chief Minister Mayawati`s visit to the area to
draw her attention towards backlog of his salary, police said.
Sanjay Singh, posted as junior clerk in the PWD, was
depressed as he was not getting his salary for the past 13
months, police said.
The Chief Minister, who has been touring the state
for the past few days, will visit the area today to review
Singh was rushed to a hospital, where his condition
was stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning