UP govt employees attempt suicide ahead of Mayawati`s visit
Gonda: A Uttar Pradesh government
employee on Friday tried to commit suicide here by consuming
poison ahead of Chief Minister Mayawati`s visit to the area to
draw her attention towards backlog of his salary, police said.
Sanjay Singh, posted as junior clerk in the PWD, was
depressed as he was not getting his salary for the past 13
months, police said.
The Chief Minister, who has been touring the state
for the past few days, will visit the area today to review
Singh was rushed to a hospital, where his condition
was stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA