UP govt employees attempt suicide ahead of Mayawati`s visit
Gonda: A Uttar Pradesh government
employee on Friday tried to commit suicide here by consuming
poison ahead of Chief Minister Mayawati`s visit to the area to
draw her attention towards backlog of his salary, police said.
Sanjay Singh, posted as junior clerk in the PWD, was
depressed as he was not getting his salary for the past 13
months, police said.
The Chief Minister, who has been touring the state
for the past few days, will visit the area today to review
Singh was rushed to a hospital, where his condition
was stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test