UP govt employees call off indefinite strike
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government employees
agitating over alleged police action against them during a
demonstration demanding pay parity with the Central government
employees on Friday night called off their indefinite strike following
an assurance from the government to look into their 14-point
charter of demands.
The strike which had entered its second day yesterday was
called off after the Additional Cabinet Secretary Vijay
Shankar Pandey assured representatives of the Karamchari
Shikshak Sanyukt Morcha of taking a sympathetic view of their
demands and put an immediate end to all punitive action, an
official spokesman here said.
President of the joint forum V P Mishra and its convenor
and S P Tewari, who met Pandey last night, were told that their
14-point demands will get a positive consideration on January
25 and all punitive action against agitating government
employees will be withdrawn immediately, the spokesman said.
Directives in this regard would also be forwarded to the
DMs and departmental heads to stop all arrest, they were
On the demand for action against the District Magistrate
and DIG of Lucknow who allegedly took law into their hands,
the employees were assured that it would be as per the report
of the Lucknow Commissioner who has been asked to conduct an
inquiry into it, the spokesman said.
The process to immediately release the employees sent to
jail would also start, the spokesman said, adding that in
view of these assurances the strike has been called off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy