UP: Govt employees continue stir against quota bill
Lucknow: Government employees in Uttar Pradesh continued their agitation against quota for SC/STs in promotions for the sixth day Tuesday.
"This bill is not in the favour of the nation and nearly 18 lakh employees are continuing on strike to oppose it," President of Sarvjan Hitay Sanrakshan Samiti Shailendra Dubey said.
He said that the decision taken in the Rajya Sabha was unfortunate and poses a danger to social harmony.
On the other hand the pro-reservation staff has decided to work for four extra hours every day.
"The Araskshan Bachao Sangharsh Samiti has decided that in case of strike it members would continue to work for extra four house," its convenor Awadhesh Verma said.
The Constitution amendment bill providing for quota in promotions for SCs and STs in government jobs was passed by the Rajya Sabha yesterday with an overwhelming support in which the Samajwadi Party was isolated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley