UP Govt employees strike work for 2nd day
Lucknow: A section of government employees in Uttar Pradesh struck work for the second day on Thursday protesting the bill seeking to provide reservation to SCs and STs in promotions in government jobs.
The employees under the banner of `Sarvjan Hitai Sanrakshan Samiti` abstained from work and held a protest meeting outside the Vidhan Sabha here to voice their opposition to the bill.
Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary and Shiv Sena state unit president Anil Singh were among the leaders who attended the protest meeting.
Addressing the meeting, Chaudhary said his party is not in favour of any reservation in promotions and will fight against the bill from Parliament to the streets as it is not in the national interest.
The Samiti`s president, Shailendra Dubey, said the Centre`s the move "will damage the basic structure of the Constitution and is also a violation of the right to equality."
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched