UP Govt employees strike work for 2nd day
Lucknow: A section of government employees in Uttar Pradesh struck work for the second day on Thursday protesting the bill seeking to provide reservation to SCs and STs in promotions in government jobs.
The employees under the banner of `Sarvjan Hitai Sanrakshan Samiti` abstained from work and held a protest meeting outside the Vidhan Sabha here to voice their opposition to the bill.
Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary and Shiv Sena state unit president Anil Singh were among the leaders who attended the protest meeting.
Addressing the meeting, Chaudhary said his party is not in favour of any reservation in promotions and will fight against the bill from Parliament to the streets as it is not in the national interest.
The Samiti`s president, Shailendra Dubey, said the Centre`s the move "will damage the basic structure of the Constitution and is also a violation of the right to equality."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray