UP govt failed to provide relief in flood-hit parts: Joshi
Muzaffarnagar: The Uttar Pradesh Congress on Sunday alleged that the state government had failed to provide relief to the flood-affected people in western region.
UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi today visited flood-hit Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Bijnore districts and told reporters here that the state government had failed to provide succour to the needy people in these western UP parts.
The government should take steps to check break out of epidemic in such areas. People are living under fear as the Health department has not taken necessary measures in this regard, Joshi claimed.
Bodies of cattle were seen in the area, adding to the fear, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra