UP govt failed to provide relief in flood-hit parts: Joshi
Muzaffarnagar: The Uttar Pradesh Congress on Sunday alleged that the state government had failed to provide relief to the flood-affected people in western region.
UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi today visited flood-hit Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Bijnore districts and told reporters here that the state government had failed to provide succour to the needy people in these western UP parts.
The government should take steps to check break out of epidemic in such areas. People are living under fear as the Health department has not taken necessary measures in this regard, Joshi claimed.
Bodies of cattle were seen in the area, adding to the fear, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH