UP govt failed to provide relief in flood-hit parts: Joshi
Muzaffarnagar: The Uttar Pradesh Congress on Sunday alleged that the state government had failed to provide relief to the flood-affected people in western region.
UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi today visited flood-hit Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Bijnore districts and told reporters here that the state government had failed to provide succour to the needy people in these western UP parts.
The government should take steps to check break out of epidemic in such areas. People are living under fear as the Health department has not taken necessary measures in this regard, Joshi claimed.
Bodies of cattle were seen in the area, adding to the fear, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report