UP govt failed to provide relief in flood-hit parts: Joshi
Muzaffarnagar: The Uttar Pradesh Congress on Sunday alleged that the state government had failed to provide relief to the flood-affected people in western region.
UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi today visited flood-hit Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Bijnore districts and told reporters here that the state government had failed to provide succour to the needy people in these western UP parts.
The government should take steps to check break out of epidemic in such areas. People are living under fear as the Health department has not taken necessary measures in this regard, Joshi claimed.
Bodies of cattle were seen in the area, adding to the fear, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Una incident: Dalit writer Amrutlal Makwana returns award
- Wonder marathon boy Budhia Singh returns to Odisha, says he was on vacation
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video