UP govt failed to provide relief in flood-hit parts: Joshi
Muzaffarnagar: The Uttar Pradesh Congress on Sunday alleged that the state government had failed to provide relief to the flood-affected people in western region.
UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi today visited flood-hit Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Bijnore districts and told reporters here that the state government had failed to provide succour to the needy people in these western UP parts.
The government should take steps to check break out of epidemic in such areas. People are living under fear as the Health department has not taken necessary measures in this regard, Joshi claimed.
Bodies of cattle were seen in the area, adding to the fear, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you