UP govt for speedy disposal of criminal cases
Lucknow: To ensure speedy disposal of criminal cases, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to effectively pursue various ongoing court cases, a state Home department spokesman said on Saturday.
In an official meeting here yesterday, principal secretary RM Srivasata issued directives in this regard and asked officials to ensure speedy delivery of justice, he said.
Officials were also asked to hold regular meetings of the monitoring cells regarding these cases at the district level and update the government regularly, he said.
The officials also discussed the problem of staff crunch in the prosecution department and stressed on filling up the vacant posts at the earliest, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report