UP govt for speedy disposal of criminal cases
Lucknow: To ensure speedy disposal of criminal cases, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to effectively pursue various ongoing court cases, a state Home department spokesman said on Saturday.
In an official meeting here yesterday, principal secretary RM Srivasata issued directives in this regard and asked officials to ensure speedy delivery of justice, he said.
Officials were also asked to hold regular meetings of the monitoring cells regarding these cases at the district level and update the government regularly, he said.
The officials also discussed the problem of staff crunch in the prosecution department and stressed on filling up the vacant posts at the earliest, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing