UP govt for speedy disposal of criminal cases
Lucknow: To ensure speedy disposal of criminal cases, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to effectively pursue various ongoing court cases, a state Home department spokesman said on Saturday.
In an official meeting here yesterday, principal secretary RM Srivasata issued directives in this regard and asked officials to ensure speedy delivery of justice, he said.
Officials were also asked to hold regular meetings of the monitoring cells regarding these cases at the district level and update the government regularly, he said.
The officials also discussed the problem of staff crunch in the prosecution department and stressed on filling up the vacant posts at the earliest, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope