UP govt for speedy disposal of criminal cases
Lucknow: To ensure speedy disposal of criminal cases, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to effectively pursue various ongoing court cases, a state Home department spokesman said on Saturday.
In an official meeting here yesterday, principal secretary RM Srivasata issued directives in this regard and asked officials to ensure speedy delivery of justice, he said.
Officials were also asked to hold regular meetings of the monitoring cells regarding these cases at the district level and update the government regularly, he said.
The officials also discussed the problem of staff crunch in the prosecution department and stressed on filling up the vacant posts at the earliest, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon