`UP Govt forcing woman to withdraw charges against minister`
Aligarh: BJP leader Smriti Irani
on Wednesday accused the BSP government of trying to pressurise
Sunita, who had alleged that a minister was involved in her
father`s murder, to withdraw the charges.
"There are reports indicating that the BSP Government
is leaving no stone unturned in applying pressure on Sunita`s
family, to withdraw charges, by sending emissaries almost
every day. These visits take place when media persons are not
present in the vicinity," Irani alleged after meeting the
Irani met Sunita and her family members in their house
on the outskirts of the city and assured them that the BJP
would raise this issue in the Parliament.
Sunita, had recently alleged that a minister of the
state government was involved in the murder of her father
Rajendra Kumar, a junior engineer, whose body was recovered
from a rented place in Shikohabad on August 8, 2010.
"It goes to the credit of Sunita Singh that she raised
her voice, all on her own, against injustice meted out by the
state machinery," she told reporters.
The BJP leader also alleged that the official
machinery was paying little attention to issues of governance
and were indulging in crude sycophancy of the BSP leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY