`UP Govt forcing woman to withdraw charges against minister`
Aligarh: BJP leader Smriti Irani
on Wednesday accused the BSP government of trying to pressurise
Sunita, who had alleged that a minister was involved in her
father`s murder, to withdraw the charges.
"There are reports indicating that the BSP Government
is leaving no stone unturned in applying pressure on Sunita`s
family, to withdraw charges, by sending emissaries almost
every day. These visits take place when media persons are not
present in the vicinity," Irani alleged after meeting the
Irani met Sunita and her family members in their house
on the outskirts of the city and assured them that the BJP
would raise this issue in the Parliament.
Sunita, had recently alleged that a minister of the
state government was involved in the murder of her father
Rajendra Kumar, a junior engineer, whose body was recovered
from a rented place in Shikohabad on August 8, 2010.
"It goes to the credit of Sunita Singh that she raised
her voice, all on her own, against injustice meted out by the
state machinery," she told reporters.
The BJP leader also alleged that the official
machinery was paying little attention to issues of governance
and were indulging in crude sycophancy of the BSP leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore