UP govt gives nod for FIR against 3 BSP ex-ministers
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday gave its nod to the vigilance department to register FIR under the anti-corruption act against three former BSP ministers, including Naseemuddin Siddiqui and Babu Singh Kushwaha.
The vigilance department, after completing its probe against Siddiqui, Kushwaha and former secondary education minister Rangnath Mishra, had recommended lodging of FIRs against them.
Siddiqui, a BSP heavyweight and party`s Muslim face, is facing charges of possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income. The charges were probed by the vigilance department on the directives of the UP Lokayukta, home department sources said.
The inquiry by the vigilance had found that in comparison to Siddiqui`s income of Rs 69,96,809 between 1997 and 2012, his expenditures were Rs 14,32,00,609, the sources said.
Similarly in case of Mishra, the vigilance inquiry found his income between 2007 to 2012 as Rs 1,57,06,231 as compared to his spendings which were Rs 7,61,16,480.
In case of Kushwaha also, the Lokayukta had recommended an inquiry, following which the vigilance department had conducted an open probe and submitted its report in April this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing