UP Govt institutes Sant Ravidas Kala Samman Award
Lucknow: In an effort to promote cultural
activities in the field of art, Uttar Pradesh government has
instituted Sant Ravidas Kala Samman Award.
The state cabinet in its meeting today approved a
proposal to promulgate Sant Ravidas Kala Samman Award
Rulebook, an official spokesman said here.
"The award, which will include cash prize of Rs 1.25
lakh and citation will be given every year to an artist, who
had gained international or national recognition," he said.
He said for selection of artist a state-level committee
headed by the chief secretary will be constituted.
The cabinet also approved a proposal regarding metered
water supply in seven cities of the state and fixed its tariff
based on the water consumption.
Seven cities, where metered water supply would be started
include Agra, Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi Allahabad, Meerut and
The meter-based water supply system would be funded under
various schemes of centrally sponsored Jawaharlal Nehru
National Urban Renewal Mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31