UP Govt institutes Sant Ravidas Kala Samman Award
Lucknow: In an effort to promote cultural
activities in the field of art, Uttar Pradesh government has
instituted Sant Ravidas Kala Samman Award.
The state cabinet in its meeting today approved a
proposal to promulgate Sant Ravidas Kala Samman Award
Rulebook, an official spokesman said here.
"The award, which will include cash prize of Rs 1.25
lakh and citation will be given every year to an artist, who
had gained international or national recognition," he said.
He said for selection of artist a state-level committee
headed by the chief secretary will be constituted.
The cabinet also approved a proposal regarding metered
water supply in seven cities of the state and fixed its tariff
based on the water consumption.
Seven cities, where metered water supply would be started
include Agra, Lucknow, Kanpur, Varanasi Allahabad, Meerut and
The meter-based water supply system would be funded under
various schemes of centrally sponsored Jawaharlal Nehru
National Urban Renewal Mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery