`UP Govt making efforts to ensure better delivery of services`
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday said his government is continuously making efforts to ensure better delivery of services to the people and will ensure all steps in this regard.
Launching the work of state-wide modernisation of registration offices here, Akhilesh said to meet expectations of the people and fulfil its promises, government is giving responsibility to able officers, besides regular reviewing works of various departments.
Terming the registration department as an important one with the revenue it generates for the state, he said the government will emphasise on use of modern technology in various departments to ensure speedy delivery of services.
"Registration department offices are the one where crore of people come and they should get better facilities," Akhilesh said, stating that the department earns a revenue to the tune of around Rs 9,000 crore for the government.
He said the modernisation drive will include all 352 deputy registrar offices in the state.
Akhilesh said the government is also making efforts to implement the decision of installing CCTV cameras at important crossings in Lucknow, as decided in the first cabinet meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media