UP govt mulling law on Wakf properties: Azam Khan
Allahabad: Uttar Pradesh government is mulling "a strong legislation" whereby all Wakf properties, which have been denotified, would be converted into Wakf land again", Urban Development Minister Azam Khan said on Friday.
"The government is mooting "a strong legislation whereby all Wakf properties, which have been denotified under some pretext or the other, would be converted into Wakf land again.
"Moreover, under the proposed legislation, any construction on such land shall be deemed to be belonging to the Wakf Board", he told reporters here.
Khan said "scams are being unearthed at a brisk pace ever since we have assumed power in UP and we assure the people that adequate punishment will be awarded to the guilty in due course".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB