‘UP Govt not taking any step to boost food processing industry’
Lucknow: Union Food Processing Minister Subodh
Kant Sahai on Thursday said the Uttar Pradesh government has not
amended the Agriculture Produce Marketing Act to encourage the
industry despite repeated reminders from the Centre.
He said the state government had also not formulated any
separate policy for encouraging farmers in this sector.
As many as 16 states have already amended the Act, and
some of the southern states have even set up separate ministry
for food processing, but Uttar Pradesh is yet to do the
needful, Sahai told reporters here.
Sahai was here to campaign for November 7 py-polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley