UP govt officer commits suicide
Lucknow: A senior Uttar Pradesh government officer allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison at his official residence, police said.
Vinod Kumar Rai, who was posted as Additional District Magistrate (West) in the state capital, consumed poison at his Butler Palace colony residence in Hazratganj late last night, they said.
Rai was rushed to a hospital where he died this morning, police said.
Though the motive behind the extreme step was not clear, family tension is suspected to be the cause behind the suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...