UP govt officer commits suicide
Lucknow: A senior Uttar Pradesh government officer allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison at his official residence, police said.
Vinod Kumar Rai, who was posted as Additional District Magistrate (West) in the state capital, consumed poison at his Butler Palace colony residence in Hazratganj late last night, they said.
Rai was rushed to a hospital where he died this morning, police said.
Though the motive behind the extreme step was not clear, family tension is suspected to be the cause behind the suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"