UP govt officer commits suicide
Lucknow: A senior Uttar Pradesh government officer allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison at his official residence, police said.
Vinod Kumar Rai, who was posted as Additional District Magistrate (West) in the state capital, consumed poison at his Butler Palace colony residence in Hazratganj late last night, they said.
Rai was rushed to a hospital where he died this morning, police said.
Though the motive behind the extreme step was not clear, family tension is suspected to be the cause behind the suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation