UP govt officer commits suicide
Lucknow: A senior Uttar Pradesh government officer allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison at his official residence, police said.
Vinod Kumar Rai, who was posted as Additional District Magistrate (West) in the state capital, consumed poison at his Butler Palace colony residence in Hazratganj late last night, they said.
Rai was rushed to a hospital where he died this morning, police said.
Though the motive behind the extreme step was not clear, family tension is suspected to be the cause behind the suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing