UP govt officer commits suicide
Lucknow: A senior Uttar Pradesh government officer allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison at his official residence, police said.
Vinod Kumar Rai, who was posted as Additional District Magistrate (West) in the state capital, consumed poison at his Butler Palace colony residence in Hazratganj late last night, they said.
Rai was rushed to a hospital where he died this morning, police said.
Though the motive behind the extreme step was not clear, family tension is suspected to be the cause behind the suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know