UP govt, Opposition laud Lokayukta for exposing memorial scam
Lucknow: The ruling Samajwadi Party today said that all those indicted by Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta, for syphoning off public money in construction of memorials during the BSP regime, would be punished according to the law.
In a statement issued, SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said that Lokayukta, vigilance and CBI were probing scams of the previous Mayawati regime and the results were appalling.
"All records of misuse of the government were broken. A dozen ministers of the BSP government are involved in serious crimes like disproportionate assets, extortion, murder and rape," he alleged.
Chaudhary said that instead of working with a sense of vendetta, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has emphasised on establishing "Rule of Law".
Reacting on the Lokayukta report, Bhartiya Janata Party said that the SP government should now act against corruption and scams of the BSP rule.
"What are the reasons that the pace of inquries during previous BSP regime slows down after reaching the Chief Minister`s office. Why files are pending in the CM office," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said, lauding the Lokayukta for exposing scam in construction of memorials.
Pathak alleged that in every matter, whether it was Noida scam or farmhouse scam the attitude of the government was surprising.
He said that keeping aside political gain or loss the chief minister should take strong action against those guilty of corruption.
Congress spokesman Dwijendra Tripathi also alleged that the Lokayukta report has exposed loot in the name of memorials during the BSP regime.
Tripathi demanded that the role of former Chief Minister Mayawati should be probed.
He said that the party demands that if the government was serious on the issue of corruption then the CBI inquiry of all the cases should be conducted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam