UP Govt orders CID probe into death of duo in police custody
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government
has ordered a CB-CID probe into the death of two persons in
police custody in Allahabad, home department sources said here
"A CB-CID probe has been ordered by the government
following allegation that two persons detained by police in
Allahabad died after being tortured," they said.
Allahabad police on Sunday had arrested Sanjay Nishad,
Devanand Goswami, Mukesh Nishad and Ashok Nishad after an
encounter in which a constable was also injured.
Later, Sanjay and Ashok died in police custody at
Ghurpur police station, after which a case was registered
against nine policemen, including two sub-inspectors.
Sub inspectors Vinod Kumar Dubey and Vivekanand Tiwari
and constables Anil Singh, Hari Prakash Rai, Surendra Dubey,
Devendra Singh, Harendranath Singh, Shailendra Bahadur Singh
and Ashok Kumar Yadav were also placed under suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH