UP govt orders inquiry into farmhouse allotment
Lucknow: An inquiry has been ordered by the Uttar Pradesh government into the allotment of farmhouses in Delhi suburb Noida during the Mayawati regime following suspected large-scale irregularities which may have caused a loss of Rs 145 crore to the state exchequer.
Noida Development Authority Chairman Rakesh Bahadur has been asked to submit his report in this regard in a week`s time, an official said today.
The state government ordered the inquiry yesterday after receiving a note from Noida Chief Development Officer Sanjiv Saran, a senior officer in the Industrial Development Commissioner`s office said.
Some 150 farmhouses of 10,000 sq m each were allotted to 120 influential companies and 29 individuals at throwaway prices, sources said, adding the alleged irregularities could have caused a loss of Rs 145 crores to the exchequer.
According to the officer, agricultural land of a dozen villages was acquired and allotted for building farmhouses against the established policy which mandates such an acquisition only for industrial use.
Last year also the local audit cell had reported alleged irregularities in the allotments but the then government had turned a blind eye to it, he said.
Bahadur has also been asked to probe two more cases in Noida, including unauthorised construction and subsequent demolition on the orders of the apex court at the Dalit Prerna Sthal built on the green belt worth around Rs 59.77 crores and excess payments of Rs 391 crores on sub-standard material in the scheme meant for supplying Ganga water to Noida, the officer said.
Some payments on this work were carried out in the back date after the announcement of the Assembly elections, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!