UP Govt promises action against erring school teachers
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Tuesday said that it would initiate strict action against those primary school teachers, who are not taking classes, and would also probe allegations that they were sub-letting their teaching jobs to others by giving them meagre payments.
"The government will take strict action against primary teachers, who are not attending their duties. The allegation that teachers are sub-letting their teaching work to others will also be probed", Basic Education Minister Ram Govind Chowdhury said in Assembly.
Chowdhury was replying to a question raised by Congress member Mukesh Srivastav.
During the course of the discussion, BJP leader Hukum Singh alleged that primary teachers were sub-letting their teaching work on payment of Rs 1,000-1,500 to others and not going to school after which the government assured an inquiry into the matter.
The minister said that in 2.58 lakh posts of teachers were vacant in the basic education department and attempts were on to fill these seats.
He said that a letter has been written to the Centre to permit to deploy BEd candidates in primary schools after special basic teachers course (BTC) training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA